Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Yarn Along • Last one of 2014

It's New Years !!!!!! My favorite two days of the year. We have a tradition that now goes back 70 years. We celebrate with my mom's side of the family...distant relatives that we don't always get to see get together on New Years Eve and then gather together for breakfast day on New Years Day and we go until dinner. Games, food, laughing, pots and pans, silver bells, etc. It's all good fun and I can't wait! 

Before we ring in 2015 I thought I would share some knitting and recent pics from the past few days.
The weather has been getting colder by the day, but we have tried to get outside as much as we can.
I took Garrett and Chase up to Belmar beach late afternoon and they had some fun running around while I knitted a few rows of my sweater.







I'm wearing my Bray Cap in the photo above.

A few of us got together last night for knitting night. It had been way too long, so we through together a very casual (it's always casual) last minute get together.
We met up at Liz's house and had fun.


Quinn did some yoga party tricks for us.



Chase being silly wearing my "readers"


Tara cleaned out closets and brought her old beauty supplies that she didn't want anymore. 
We all gave them new homes.

And my knitting....
This is the Barn Sweater by Carrie Bostick Hoge
I am knitting it with Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Fossil colorway.
I prefer the look of the traditional stockinette stitch (it calls for the reverse sts). So I'm switching it inside out. I am sooo happy knitting an easy no fuss cardigan. I started on Christmas Day and haven't stopped.



Wishing everyone a very happy 2015!!!!!!
See you all soon! Happy Knitting.
Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along. Hop over to see lots of great knitting going on!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your barn sweater. I want to knit that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the barn sweater.. Is that the one from Taproot? Going to have to go dig my issue out.. Adding it to the list! Happy New Year! ..via Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from taproot but FYI there is errata that can be found on project page on ravelry. It has to do with the sleeve increased. So far it's a pleasure to knit!!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all are having fun and there is more fun to enjoy! I have never knit a sweater before, but I am going to knit the Barn Sweater in the new year. I can't wait to see yours! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of your Barn Sweater. I want to knit that too after receiving my Taproot magazine. Knitting night looks like it was heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is looking great! It looks like you really enjoyed your knitting night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your New Year traditions sound like lots of fun. I love the sweater you are knitting; especially the collar. I hope your new year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete