Wednesday, February 2, 2022

This and That....
















 


















Winter is in full-gear here in NJ. I enjoy this season for so many reasons. I'm a homebody and happy to hang out, cook, bake, knit, and create. We had a big snow storm over the weekend and I used the time to clean out my clothes dresser (not fun but had to happen), knit on this sweater, and I created a cowl from my sister's hat pattern: Gone to the Mountains Hat. I also read this book: Everyone in This Room Will Someday Be Dead. It was a very easy read and I enjoyed it.

We also attended my youngest son's band concert. It was the first time he performed live in a proper concert since Covid has hit. Actually, it was his very first concert of his life! He plays the trumpet. I wish he loved it, but he doesn't seem to have the music love gene like his mom....Sadly, this will probably be his last year of music. I'm leaving it up to him if he wants to continue. Music should be something you love and enjoy and not forced. I do force all of my kids to TRY it. Because you would never know if you like it if you don't try it. I loved every second of the concert. Every squeak of the clarinet to missed beats by the bass drum. It's all perfect and to hear learning happening makes me so happy.

I have been cooking some yummy foods. I made this meal (a Trader Joe's hack meal). Rick and I love it. Also made a simple quesadilla for lunch with arugula, rosemary olive oil, mozzarella cheese and prosciutto. Easy and quick for lunch!

And have I mentioned that we LOVE LOVE LOVE our new kitten? He's been with us since November and we're all in love with him. He's the coolest little cat EVER. I mean it!!!!!!! He had his big appointment at the vet to get snipped and it took forever for them to bring him back out to me at the end of the day because they all wanted to snuggle him and say goodbye. They told me he's the best cat ever and they want to steal him. We really lucked out with him. He came into our family at the exact perfect moment and has brought us so much happiness. 

We will be hosting our monthly live knit/crochet night on Thursday through our Patreon page. If you want to join us or need more information, you can click on our page and check it out! It's so much fun getting to connect with like-minded crafty people from around the world!! Here's how you can find out more: Cocktail Hour at the Coop Patreon Page

3 comments:

  1. we are twins today!!! when you get a chance, read my post...these are so similar!! i really enjoyed yours, we are both "homebodies" but i didn't really know that about you!!

    chase looks good, sox is adorable and i LOVE the cowl, it's gorgeous and such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at us!!! You didn't know I was a homebody??? I am. I just don't have the chance to sit tight very often because of the kids. I'm very content at home :) I was inspired by your tv fireplace so I did that today while I was on my conference calls.

      Delete
  2. I am loving this set of photos. I am also a homebody and will retire from teaching in about a year and a half. I hope to learn to knit and I can't wait to stay home everyday! lol Like reading that staying with music is up to your son. Kids need choices :)

    ReplyDelete