Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Getting my knitting mojo back

Have you ever lost your knitting mojo? It stinks when it happens!!!

And it has been happening to me for the past six months. I just haven't been excited to knit any of my projects. Everything seemed liked a hassle and didn't bring me the same joy as it usually does.

After my weekend at The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival my mojo came flying back! I went to the festival with one project in mind; The Pressed Flowers Shawl  

At our house on Friday night my friends Karen and Stacy mentioned the Hitchhiker Shawl. It's an older pattern that I have seen hundreds of times and always thought it would be a fun knit. It was just what I was in the mood to knit so I added it to my list.

I headed over to the Green Mountain Spinnery booth to pick up yarn for my Pressed Flower Shawl and instantly fell in love with a dark brown/black and white twisted yarn called Ragg-Time. I knew it would be a perfect fit for the Hitchhiker. I could wear it to work, around the house or on the go.

I got home Sunday and immediately casted on. I haven't stopped. My knitting mojo is back and I'm so happy! This picture was taken Monday morning and I've knit many more rows since. I'm loving it!

What patterns and yarn have helped you get your mojo back?




1 comment: