Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Books, Knits, Turtles and a Champion


“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”

Stephen King



















I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. The weather was picture perfect here in NJ.
I was sick most of the week and weekend with a nasty cold. I tested for covid three times and all negative. But I felt lousy!!! I rested up by reading a new library book, enjoying some time in my new hammock chair, and knitting on my Pressed Flower Shawl for our #flowermal2022.

I finished up my Hitchhiker Shawl so I took a quick selfie wearing it. Selfies are so awkward!
I loved knitting this. I want to make another one as soon as I finish my pressed flower shawl.

Turtles! Chase had fun all weekend in his kayak fishing and catching baby turtles.
What was NOT fun was the GIANT snapping turtle that was hanging out in the yard!!! It was HUGE. It's in the bucket photo. It will be going to live somewhere else far from our kids and pets!

And we have a champion in the house! So proud of our youngest and his teammates. They played three straight games on Memorial Day and took home the championship. This is the first tournament that he has won and it was very exciting! Proud of them all. They're a great group of kids and very fun and easy to root for.

Glad it's a short work week this week. It's starting to get very busy around here with upcoming graduation for my 18 year old and "5th grade" celebrations for my youngest. There seems to be something on the calendar for almost every day. All on top of work and life! Ah!

Hope you have a nice week :)







 

1 comment:

  1. did i miss the entire baseball season?? i LOVE the shawl, it's so pretty on you. i have not made anything with my rhinebeck yarn yet. i knit like a snail, i better get snappin'!! hehehe snappin', get it????

    ps...i remember when i met chase, he was just a tiny little guy. how did he get so grown up!?!?

    ReplyDelete