Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Recovering




















Well, it finally happened...Covid. Ugh. Thankfully I'm feeling MUCH better and my case was on the mild side. My husband got it and he feels worse than I did. But he's on the mend. I just have a lingering cough and tired. Unfortunately, our plans of getting away for the week had to be put on hold. So we have been spending time just hanging around. I read two books, hung out in the hammock, knitted on a few things, pulled my quilt out of hibernation to finish hand-quilting, enjoyed some campfires, time at the pool with Little Dude, and enjoyed a beautiful rainbow last night after a stormy day. 

I've been in a knitting rut the past two weeks. Not really enjoying anything I'm working on. I can't seem to pick up the lace project or color work project much. My brain just isn't into it. My simple sock is the only thing I feel like doing. I also read cheesy books. Again, all my brain can handle these days! I read The Summer I Turned Pretty (YA genre and I enjoyed it) and Mulberry Hollow (Totally a Hallmark movie in book form...very cheesy! But I liked it). I picked up What the Wind Knows but couldn't get into so I'll be returning that to the library asap. I started Send For Me and I'm liking it so far.

Looking forward to everyone being healthy and getting back to life soon. Our town fair starts on Thursday and I can't wait for funnel cake and happy kids!



1 comment:

  1. oooooh no, covid, i didn't know!! men always "get sicker" because we women are much better at being sick!! chuck acts like he is dying when he gets sick and i always think...he better never get MS. i never saw any rainbows after the storm, dang...

    the quilt looks really good...the new sweater too!! you are a knitting machine!!

    ReplyDelete