Friday, July 8, 2022

Creating Knitters, California Poppy and a Cute Cat

Over the past month I started teaching knitting lessons again. It's been way too long! You all know how much I love to knit. I think I like creating knitters just as much. To see people fumble with yarn and needles at the beginning and then leave with rows of stitches is so rewarding. This week's weather was perfect for outside lessons overlooking the baby alpaca's field.

These two friends left knowing all the basics of knitting and I'm excited to see them join the knitting world!


After lessons (and a full day of work) I enjoyed some quiet time on the porch with Sox.



I planted an entire pack of wildflower seeds early summer and only ONE flower appeared. ONE! Well, it doesn't help that Sox loves to dig and roll around in the flower bed. But this one is so pretty! I did some googling and figured out it's a California Poppy. Apparently it's illegal to pick in California. 


Enjoying the calm and cooler weather today and brought the laptop outside to work. Sox joined me. He's the cutest little coworker. Keeps me company all day long.


I am teaching a past-student some new techniques tomorrow. She wanted to learn a few things and I found the perfect pattern that combined most of them! I've been wanting to knit this Shift Cowl for years and it's the perfect reason and time to make one. I love how it's coming out so far. 

I am knitting with (left to right)...Green Mountain Spinnery "Mewesic", Cascade Alpaca, Feederbrook Farm. The pattern is knitted using mosaic knitting. Very fun to work on!

1 comment:

  1. meeting you, learning to knit...changed my life!! your new cowl is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete