Wednesday, July 27, 2022

On-the-go knitting project














I love to knit all kinds of projects. But my favorite projects are ones that can easily travel around with me during my day-to-day life. This Shift Cowl has been exactly that. It's easy enough to sit and knit a row or two here and there. This project began as a companion knit for one of my students. She wanted to learn a few techniques and this pattern had a few of them included so we decided to make it. I casted on a few days prior to the lesson to be prepared to teach her. And I haven't stopped knitting it since! It's kept me company drinking coffee in the mornings, gone to the beach a few times, fishing in the canoe, to a trip to Northampton and Amherst for my son's college orientation, around town and last night in Spring Lake as I waited for my son to finish work.

I'm using a combination of three yarns. The pink is "Mewsic" from Green Mountain Spinnery. Green is Cascade alpaca from our farm store. The multicolor is Feederbrook Farm (it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The cowl is worked flat and it uses mosaic knitting for the color work. It's a fun way to do color work because you only use one color at a time. The cowl will then be seemed up the back and it looks so easy to wear. I'll be sad when it's over! I'm already thinking about my next one...

What are you working on these days? Any good on-the-go knitting projects in your bag?

 









No comments:

Post a Comment