Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Read a book...

 


I saw this list posted on a Facebook group I am a member of: "What Should I Read Next". I get a lot of ideas from the group and enjoy recommending books as much as getting recommendations.

I'm not really a book challenge person and this is too many books for me to read in a year. When I looked at the list, I had a lot of books I have read that came to mind, so I'm going to go through it and list books that I have read and would recommend. I'll try to list more recent books. If there are blank ones or you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Here I go...

1.With a color in the name The Yellow Wife

2. Set in a foreign country: A Long Way Down

3. Recommended by a friend: It Ends with Us

4. Part of a Series: The Summer I Turned Pretty

5. That you should have read in school: Great Gatsby

6. On The NY Times Bestseller list: Where the Crawdads Sing

7. Already on your bookshelf: Cutting for Stone

8. With an animal in the name: Water for Elephants

9. From an author you already know: Four Winds

10. About Health and Wellness

11. With a pretty book cover: The Keeper of Lost Things

12. More than 20 years old: The Thornbirds

13. Released in the year you were born: 

14. Published this year: Reminders of Him

15. Translated from another language: My Brilliant Friend

16. With a female protagonist: Olive Again

17. That's a memoir: From Scratch

18. With a one-word title: Brood

19.That was made into a movie: Where the Crawdads Sing

20. Over 500 pages long: New York

21. Under 100 pages long:

22. With a music or art theme: Maybe Someday

23. Involving water: 28 Summers

24. With a green book cover: Evvie Drake Starts Over

25. Set in the 1800s: 

26. With a magical element: The Time Travelers Wife

27. That's a one-hit wonder: The Guernsey Literary of Potato Peel Pie Society

28. About nature: The Four Winds

29. With chapter titles: Punch Me Up to the Gods

30. With an index

31. With a map on the front

32. That you heard about from a co-worker: White Dresses

33. Bought from your local bookstore: The Goldfinch

34. That's a young adult novel: 

35. Only published as an ebook

36. About sports: The Art of Fielding

37. That's a murder mystery: 

38. Featuring the LGBTQ community: This is How it Always Is

39. By an author who shares your name

40. On audiobook read by the author: Broken Horses: Brandi Carlisle

41. That's a Guilty Pleasure: The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc

42. Written by 2 authors

43. Of poetry

44. About business

45. About current events

46. Everyone is talking about: It Ends with Us

47. Based on a real person: Open Book

48. That's a coming of age story: Mary Jane

49. About science

50. That makes you smile: Nora Goes Off Script



2 comments:

  1. I have to look into a few of those books. I read a lot of books, but I haven't read any of these. For young adult I liked The Hunger Games series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh this is fun, especially for a reader like yourself. by an author who shares your name??, i'm not surprised. the summer i turned pretty, loved the series. it has been renewed for a second season, YaY!!!!

    ReplyDelete