Monday, November 21, 2022

Keep on knitting!















I've been on a roll with knitting for the coop. Temperatures have gotten very chilly around here! I'm bundling up every morning for my walk with Buddy. He needs his exercise and so do I. These little walks of ours have helped me shed a few pounds. Yay! He forces me to get out and move more than I have in years. Sometimes the cat walks the whole way with us too. He cracks me up. I made a few baby hats to sell. I also casted on a simple newborn sweater using yarn from our alpacas. These little baby knits are so fun and quick to do. I just love them.  I also finished a book, Once There Were Wolves. We chose it for our patron book club and I really liked it. It was so good to read. It's been a while!

Our lives are so busy these days. My little one is still playing football. Their team just won regionals and they are headed to Florida for the National Championship. I'm still in shock. It's in less than 2 weeks. Ummmmmm.....why?! This is not fun as a parent! at Christmas time! During my busiest season for band. Deep breaths...............

My oldest is home for Thanksgiving. I'm so happy to have him here! My second boy gets home tomorrow night and then I'll be a VERY happy mom :) All of us under one roof. That's when I'm the happiest.

Thanksgiving is coming and I'm ready for it! Bring on the yummy food and family. It's a wonderful holiday, isn't it? No pressure of presents buying. Just spending time with people you love eating yummy food. It's all we really need!


2 comments:

  1. i love thanksgiving for the same reasons!! mike comes home today, he is flying home and we are leaving for the airport in a few minutes....then the talking begins!!! hehehehehe

    i didn't love the book, but, in all fairness, i don't think i got far enough in or really gave it a chance!!

    the knits are so great, i love the bear hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that y’all have a blog. I’ve gotten yarn twice at the shop and was planning on running there for some hand knit gifts (cause I’ll never finish by the holidays) but you are closed. I’ll go Sunday! We live the farm!

    ReplyDelete