Monday, November 14, 2022

Knitting for The Coop!





 

Every year I knit up as many things as possible to sell in our farm store aka "The Coop". I use that money to buy Christmas presents for my family. Because my shoulder was hurting so much of the fall, I am WAY behind on my knitting!!!! I was able to knit up a few newborn and toddler hats over the weekend so I thought I would share them here.

The bonnets are repeats for me. I love making the Anker Bonnet, the Simple Chunky Newborn Bonnet and some simple hats that I embellish with a teddy bear face. But I wanted to make something new to me. I love the Kelbourne Woolens line of free "monthly" hat patterns. I've made a few of them over the years but this June Hat was new for me. The purple and white hat follows the pattern exactly but I don't love to purl. I knit much quicker so I decided to knit the blue and yellow version while slipping the stitch to make the row that runs up the hat. These were really fun to knit and I'll absolutely be making more. It's a perfect use of leftover yarn and that I have a lot of! 

It's Monday...start of a new work week and I'm busy this week with work. I am beyond excited to welcome my college kids home soon to celebrate Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the happiest when all my kids are under one roof. Can't wait.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have to try to knit one of those bonnets. They are so adorable. You've been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh that teddy bear face hat, always a favorite. the purple hat is my second favorite!! you are off to a good start!!!

    ReplyDelete