Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Vogue Knitting Live! NYC 2023

On Saturday, my mom, Andee and I headed to NYC on the train for Vogue Knitting Live in Times Square. We had a great room at the Marriott Marquis. Here are some pics from the adventure!










My only purchase was from Kelbourne Woolens. I really love their yarn and their monthly free hats are a favorite of mine AND Purple Debbie. So when I got the chance to meet the designer of the February hat (a Purple Debbie favorite), Kate Gagnon Osborn I had to tell her how my story of Debbie, how we met through knitting lessons, her MS and how much she loves knitting her hats. Kate was so touched and we snapped a quick selfie before I left the booth.



I bought yarn to make this hat.


This is the yarn I bought.



Mom stopped by her favorite booth, Knit Collage and got some new fabric ribbon to use in her hand loom hats.




Andee was the photographer and videographer for the Katina runway show.


While Andee finished working, mom and I headed to Becco for a delicious early dinner. YUM!




Back to the room to rest up and have a drink before we went to Broadway.


We got tickets at the TKS booth in the morning and went to see Book of Mormon. We loved it!



Right before we left Sunday morning, I had a chance to meet up with Robin from The Knittin Coop in person! So nice to finally meet friends in real life.

Thank you again to my mom for spoiling us. We're very lucky girls!

I came home to these beautiful roses from my husband. It had been a long week and he treated me to a Valentines Day present a few days early. Like I said, I'm a lucky girl.




 

1 comment:

  1. awwww leanne, how cool that you think of me!!! i don't know why meeting kate and the february hat would remind you of me??? hehehehe....i loved reading this, especially the parts about ME!!! i LOVE the camper yarn you got, the colors are amazing and i am starting to love your colors better than mine, you are growing on me!!!

    the food looks amazing and those roses are really gorgeous!! i'm so happy you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete