Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for the weekly yarn along.
This week the fall weather has been beautiful, the leaves were at their peak and temperatures were just perfect. Our knitting group met last week and I have a few pictures to share.
On the knitting and reading front:

On Leanne's Needles:
I started this cowl this week. It's a gift for Xmas. It's the herringbone stitch and I'm enjoying it. I am using the yarn that I dyed last week. It's an alpaca wool bulky yarn.

I just started the book, The Good Daughters and so far it's great.

 

On Andee's Needles:

I made a reversible Arrow Acres hat. I used Eco Baby yarn: black, dark gray and light gray.  I really love how the edge detail comes out. It looks like it is rolled under.

 
 
I also have another reversible hat on my needles. One side will be solid black and the other side has a dark gray stripe. 


 We met last week for knitting club at Quinn's new digs. This house was previously my great-grandparents, Grandmom and Grandpop Outback's house. They got that funny name because they lived "out back" from my dad's house where he grew up. His other grandparents lived "out front". (I never thought it was odd that we called them this!) 
I was named after them, Lee and Elizabeth Sherman (I'm Leanne Elizabeth)
This house has been rented for years and my cousin and Quinn moved in a month ago. It is fun to be back in this house after so many years. We sat around remembering my great-grandparents and the funny thing is, that we ALL have the same memory of cheeseballs. Grandmom Outback would always have the blue Peanuts container of cheesballs. We thought it was funny that the memory she left us was cheeseballs. Later in life she developed alzheimers. Those memories are much stronger in our minds because she was sick for most of our childhood. But before that, good ol' orange cheeseballs!





 This is the kitchen with the original green table. Quinn, you need to buy some cheeseballs for us next time!


Happy Knitting!

-Leanne


3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely house and a lovely story to go with it. Glad you are reunited with that house and all those memories.

    The herringbone stitch is so elegant. I've never tried that but your photo makes me want to. It will make a beautiful cowl.

    Love those pretty hats too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I missed going to Quinn's, but I had a great time at the House of Bounce.

    I love the herringbone stitch. I haven't done that in awhile. I have been waiting for just the right yarn to come along to do it. Your's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cowl. Such a great stitch.

    ReplyDelete