Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Few Finished Projects

I finished up a few projects this weekend and I thought I would share.

An alpaca friend of ours asked me to knit a sweater for
a new baby-to-be. This little one is due soon and they don't know if it is a boy or a girl.
I always struggle with that! They hope to use this sweater in March for the baby's
christening. It is knitted in 100% baby alpaca, natural white color.

This was a great little pattern. I made it a little larger than the pattern called for
because it will be for a 2 month old, not a brand new one.








A colleague of my husband just had her second daughter.
She was born 5 weeks early so she's a peanut!
I knitted up this little bonnet for her.
I knitted it with a new yarn I got this week.
It's called Jojoland • Fantasia
It's so fun! Love the color ways and how it knits up.
It's 100% wool, so not as soft as our alpaca, but the colors were irresistable!
I also think it needs a flower, but I'll need Lizzie to crochet one for me. I'm terrible at crochet!

I have enough yarn left over to make a bigger one for the big sister.
The big sister is 17 months. So I'll make it bigger than the pattern is written.
I also think the big sis needs a fun pompom on the back.

Ravelry Link: Colorful Bonnet 



Time to get the apps cooking....it's almost football time!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the SuperBowl!!!!!!!! Food, Football, Beer, Beyonce and Commercials. :)

Good luck to all Ravens and 49ers Fans. My Giants aren't in it this year, ho hum...but we'll be
cheering on the 49ers for my sister-in-law and Liz's husband, Nick.

Have a great Sunday.

 

1 comment: