Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake




We had a small get-together last night to watch my son's high school graduation virtually. It was wonderful! I have to say, initially I was very upset that he wouldn't have a traditional graduation. But over the past few months, the school went above and beyond to make it special for our kids. The graduation was put together with speeches pre recorded and photos of the seniors in their cap and gown. It was great. We didn't have to worry about how many tickets we had for the graduation and everyone could be together to watch and celebrate.

Anyway....I made a Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake for dessert  and it was SOOOOOO GOOD! We inhaled it. Everyone loved it. I was a little nervous because I had never made it before but it sounded good and I took a shot. Wanted to share it with you here.

I didn't take a photo of it so here's the photo from the recipe page. I highly recommend it. I made it the night before and it sat in the fridge until about an hour before I served it. Here is a link to the recipe. Now I want to try all kinds of poke cakes! The possibilities are endless!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you grad! Going over to the link and print out that recipe. Looks like something my family would love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you made this special for everyone and i'm sure everyone had a great time!! ps...i have poked many a cake, back in the ole' days when it was a thing!!! i am trying to remember, i think we made jello and when it was still in liquid form, we poured it over the cake. i'll bet your mom may have done it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read the recipe, sounds so good and very easy!! you have really become susie homemaker!!!

    ReplyDelete