Thursday, June 18, 2020

What I've Been Creating....


I have always been a creative person. Always making something. It's part of me. My entire family is filled with makers. Every single one of us make things. I can't imagine life without it.

I continue to be a busy bee during these times. Things are opening up quite a bit around here but we are still sticking close to home most days. I'm still working full-time from home which allows me more time in the morning to knit and have coffee. It's sooo nice to not have to rush to get ready and out the door. More time to relax! I'm going to miss that so much when we head back to the office.

Thought I would share what I am working on. I am knitting the Trellis Shawl by Annie Rowden.
Annie has created some of my favorite knits of all time. She's a full time goat farmer with her husband and little girl now. I don't think she's been designing for a while now. 

This shawl is designed for a child. But it's bigger than I expected so I think it could fit a teen or older child, or small adult! I want to add pompoms to the ends when I'm done. I think it would be so cute. I am using Cascade Alpaca Lana D'Oro (it's a mix of alpaca and wool). It's knit up and down, not end to end like some triangle shawls. You increase to the triangle part and then decrease the other side. Very clever and enjoyable to knit.



I finally ordered backing fabric for my quilt. I hesitated to buy online but I didn't know when retail would open. So I used a coupon and ordered from Joann.com. I love it. It's a yellow color (my favorite!) I have been hand quilting at night and on the weekends. I chose to just do 2 inch spaced rows that follow the natural design of the quilt pattern. I looked online for some ideas but most people seem to quilt by machine these days. The hand quilting is my favorite part of quilting. It's very soothing to me. I am loving these fun crazy colors! Can't wait to use it. It's going pretty quickly so it might be done for cool summer nights. The quilt pattern is the Meadowland Quilt by Then Came June.







Hope you're all doing well and making fun things!






2 comments:

  1. There are several bloggers that quilt by hand. I enjoy doing so also, but most of my current work is cross-stitch. That shawl pattern is very pretty. Enjoy your less stressful mornings while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a creative family for sure, and super fun people to be around and create with. i love the color of that yarn, but i see the shawl is for someone younger, and tiny i am not!!! is the pattern difficult?? i thought it may be good for my nieces for christmas!!??

    ReplyDelete