Friday, January 21, 2022

Cowboys and Angels






 I knit A LOT. Like A LOT, A LOT. I've knit hundreds of projects over the past 13 years. Out of those projects I have a few favorites. I think this one is way at the top of that list.

This is the Cowboys and Angels Shawl designed by Isabell Kraemer.

I had mentioned in an early post that my Rhinebeck house crew all picked the same yarn but making a project of our choice. I chose this one and two other girls are also going to be knitting it.

The first part of the shawl was tricky and took a lot of brain power! Then I got into a rhythm and it was much easier the more I went. Then you hit the garter stitch section. Ah, easy breezy. And then when you're just about tired of the garter section you head back into the bobble row, then back to the trellis pattern. I love a pattern that has some easy parts and some challenging parts. This project had that!

And the yarn was squishy and lovely and made me happy as I thought about our weekend together in October. I have wrapped myself in it since it came off the blocking mats. I LOVE IT.

So then I'm left with a knitting hangover....what to knit next?!!?!?!
I posted this question over on our Patreon page and I'm excited to read everyone's comments on what knits are in their favorites.

Oh and that reminds me...if you would like to be a Patron all the info can be found on our Patreon site. It's been so much fun connecting on a different level with people! We have had fun on our virtual zoom nights and our chatter is great. We all learn and are inspired by each other. 

Cheers! - Leanne


1 comment:

  1. oooooh leanne, it's just gorgeous, really spectacular and i love the yarn. i have yet to decide what i am going to make. i'm sure you aren't surprised about that, i am the worst at making decisions!!

    ReplyDelete