Friday, January 14, 2022

Winter Walks







 I'll take a winter walk over a summer walk any day! I like the crisp air, the quiet of the surroundings and the blue sky. I bundle up and head out when I can to get some steps in and fresh air.
I've been listening to some new podcasts and a this new audiobook.

My friend, Carrie, and I have started back to our 52 Hike Challenge for 2022. We started late last year and got 26 hikes in. Aiming for more this year! We have one under our belt and hopefully meeting again this weekend for Hike #2. We love it and I'm glad we are doing it again this year.

Have a great weekend! I'll be taking my son back to college (insert very sad mom face!!!)
It's been so nice to have him home and we got a bonus week because of Covid precautions at school. They spaced out move-ins and he was pushed back a week. I'm going to miss him. (although my grocery bill will be much lower!!!)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Winter has its own kind of beauty. I understand about the grocery bill. My daughter (college student) has moved back home and my son (new police officer) is living at home, while working and looking for a house to buy. I can't keep enough food in the house...but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery! I much prefer winter walks to summer ones too. My favorite though are late fall, when it's cool enough not to worry about snakes and bears but you aren't in danger of frost bite.
    Just think of all the yarn you can buy with all that extra grocery money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty images, showing off new jersey in winter!! i really prefer winter over the heat of summer, and snow, i love when it snows!!

    good luck with the challenge....just have fun with carrie which i know you are doing!!

    and good luck to dalton, he has been doing so well, such great things!!

    ReplyDelete