Monday, January 17, 2022

Our Purple Yarn


For the past few years, a group of my friends and family rent a house and attend the NY Sheep & Wool Festival. Most commonly known to knitters as "Rhinebeck". I look forward to that weekend more than any weekend of the year. It takes place the third weekend in October in Rhinebeck, NY, peak fall season when everything is pretty and colorful. I just love it.

Our group (15 of us!) decided to all use the same yarn and make a project of our choice. We have a mix of knitters and crocheters in the group so we thought a common yarn would link our projects together. Coming up with a color everyone would like was hard! But this purple yarn fit the bill.

I decided to knit the Cowboys and Angels Shawl by Isabell Kraemer. I started it on January 3 and I have one row to go (as of this morning). I have loved every stitch of this project. Partly for the wonderful pattern and more importantly, because I thought about our weekend together this October. 

I can't wait to see what everyone else makes :)


1 comment:

  1. it's gorgeous!!! i LOVE the yarn and as you know i adore that weekend in october!!

    before my adventures with you guys, i had never had a girls trip. you guys are the best girls to spend a weekend with!!

    i have my yarn...HELP, what should I make!!

    ReplyDelete