Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Visit to Frame & Fiber

 My friend Paige owns the beautiful Frame and Yarn shop, Frame & Fiber in Point Pleasant, NJ.
I had to drop off some certificates to be framed for my job so I took the time for a nice visit over my lunch hour. I picked up my sister Liz and we headed over.
Her shop was a frame shop and over the years transitioned to also carrying yarn. It's been a place that we have gathered with friends, knitting, laughing, visiting, and eating lunch in the back room together.

She is once again going back to being a frame shop only and has been selling yarn at discount on Etsy. She will have another sale soon so keep your eyes out for that!!! There's some beautiful yarn still available. I took some photos while I was there. The first picture is the yarn Liz got to make another pair of socks. So fun and colorful!






Samples of knits, books to peruse. So many pretty things!


I love this sweater.


And lots more of them so this book came home with me :)





I designed the logo so I kind of love this pic...a lot.







All the embroidery and weaving you see on the wall were done by Paige. She's so talented!


After our visit, Liz and I got some yummy lunch at Shore Fresh. I got a crab cake sandwich and she got a lobster roll. We enjoyed them on the Point Pleasant side of the inlet.


Later that day, I took Buddy for a walk and he got spooked by a big dog and bolted...taking me down with him! I hurt my toe. So I spent the weekend sitting and knitting. I went to the orthopedic urgent care and I have a small fracture. Nothing major. I'll be just fine. It's sore but not too bad now.

While I sat and knitted all weekend, I also binged this show, Somebody Feed Phil. It's been on for years! And I never knew about it. I LOVED it!!!! My favorite part is when he calls his parents.

Each episode follows Rosenthal touring the cuisine of the episode's featured city, and spotlights charities and non-profit organizations that operate in the region. 




I've made a lot of progress on my Spark Cardigan. I love knitting it!

1 comment:

  1. ooooh this sweater, so beautiful!!! and shore fresh, don't get me started, they have awesome lobster rolls and the best and freshest fried shrimp i have ever eaten!!!

    ReplyDelete