Monday, March 13, 2023

My new favorite breakfast



I have a new favorite breakfast!

 I was inspired by this breakfast by Half-Baked Harvest. I made it following her directions with a bagel but had issues with the egg cooking properly. So I've revamped it for me.

In a frying pan, add some parmesan cheese and pesto (I add it to be the size of a piece of bread or bagel depending on what I have at home). Then add the bread (or bagel) on top of the cheese mixture.
While that cooks, fry an egg in the same pan but next to the bread. I sprinkle some "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning from Trader Joes on top of the egg.

While they are cooking, make a quick little salad. I use arugula/spinach with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some red pepper flakes.

When the egg is perfectly cooked, put it on top of the bread, plop it all on your plate and cover it with the salad. It's DELICIOUS!!!!!! I always have it with some orange juice in my favorite yellow cup that was gifted to me by my cousin Carolyn during our Rhinebeck trip last year.

Quick, easy, delicious!

1 comment:

  1. ooooooh this looks so good!! i get how a bagel may not work, but either would be delicious!!

    ReplyDelete