Tuesday, July 11, 2023

A Day to Myself

On Saturday I had an odd day to myself. It's very rare this happens. Everyone in my house had plans and no one needed me! Woohoo! So after my normal grocery shopping, boring house stuff, I took myself to The Herbary at Bear Creek in Howell, NJ. They were hosting a Summer Market with craft vendors.
It's a beautiful spot only 10 minutes from my house. They sell plants, gifts and they have a cute little cafe on the property. Their big barn gift shop is so pretty. I enjoyed strolling around and I picked up a few things while I was there.


How cute is this? "Henry's Lighting Bug Stick". A vendor had these made up and I would have snatched one up if my kids were still little. Such a fun idea.




Inside their greenhouse...




The cafe is near the umbrellas. They had someone playing guitar too. 


Inside the gift shop...







Here's what came home with me. The earrings were from a vendor at the market as well as the seaglass keychain. The earrings are for me, the keychain is a gift I gave my son's college girlfriend who was visiting us from Boston. And I got this "Beach Girl" roll-on perfume in the gift shop. It's a really nice summery scent that smells like sunscreen and salt water.





 I almost didn't go because it was so hot and no one wanted to go with me. I'm so glad I hopped in my car and went. I loved it. It's a beautiful spot!

1 comment:

  1. call me next time, i LOVE this place and i maybe could have gone. i have been so busy with my mom, i really could have used some time away. my sister is here now for a "couple of days" so i can rest up and maybe get in the pool. i miss my life, my normal routine...i miss all of my friends!!

    ReplyDelete