Monday, July 10, 2023

Old Yarn, New Sweater

I wanted to knit a new sweater but I didn't want to buy a ton of yarn to do it. I decided on a pattern and went through my stash to see what I could put together. Well, I didn't really have enough of anything. BUT I did have the top of a sweater sitting in a bag (for years now) because I knew it wouldn't fit me. The yarn was beautiful and fun colors so I ripped it out and started knitting the "Here Comes the Sun" sweater. I know I have enough yarn for the colorwork section. I'll have to get yarn for the main body part. 
I started this on Saturday afternoon and I'm cruising right along. There is something so soothing about colorwork. I just want to keep knitting, crossing off row by row. There are a few rows of three colors at once (eeek! not my favorite). I was on those rows this morning at coffee and had to concentrate! 

I'm using yarn by Marianated Yarns. I got this yarn many years ago. It's a dk weight (pattern calls for sport) but I seem to be ok on gauge so let's keep those fingers crossed that it fits!!!













And this picture is out my kitchen window. Right before a big storm blew in and brought some much needed rain water. Thankfully we didn't have any flooding like I saw up in NY state and PA. Yikes!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. a beautiful start to the sweater....but really, i think you are just showing off!!!!! (JK) i am still working on my blanket!!!!!

    and i love that window and window sill, and all the random things it holds!!!

    ReplyDelete