Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Flowers and Fishing










If you look closely, there is a little baby deer in the middle of the photo at the shoreline.




 

My youngest has been playing baseball every day for months now. All-Star baseball came to an end with a heartbreaking loss. I was so proud of the way he played and it was very emotional to see it end. BUT...last night was the first night in months that he didn't have practice or a game! It was a beautiful night and when he asked to go fishing on the lake I could actually say yes! We are so lucky to have access to the lake behind my sister's house. A perfect night with my kid, fishing and reading in the canoe.

My first flowers I planted from seed are blooming! I was so excited to see the pops of color (through the weeds). The weeds are VERY healthy around the farm! I'm knitting away on my "Here Comes the Sun" sweater and the colors remind me of the zinnias and my pottery vase. Always nice when things coordinate.

I'm reading The Second Ending by Michelle Hoffman. It's a cute, fun read and I'm enjoying it so far.

1 comment:

  1. i am sure chase is thrilled to be fishing, he looks so happy in the picture!! i have to come one evening to see the deer, i am always looking everywhere for them!! i am so happy your flowers are blooming, i know how much you wanted this garden. i have baby bunnies under the deck, they are eating my wildflowers!! such a pretty vase!!

    ReplyDelete