Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Summer Bounty



















The flowers are gourds are growing so well! I go into my flower garden every day and cut new blooms. I am filling every vase, jar and glass I can with flowers. I'm loving it. My mom's gourds are growing on their trellis and in the field. It's a magical little spot! My nephew Wade, Buddy (dog) and I spent some time down there the other night. The leaves are huge! We used his head as a comparison for a photo.

I've been getting as much beach time as I can on the weekends. I get most of my reading done there. I finished the book, The Invisible Husband of Frick Island. I loved it!!!! I am really excited to read Crow Mary. I loved her book, Kitchen House and this book is based on a real story. I checked it out of the library last night and started reading. So far it's great. I also started knitting for the fall/holiday season at the farmstore. I love knitting baby sweaters and baby items. This little purple sweater is the Granny's Favourite Sweater. I've lost count how many of this sweater I've made. It's the perfect gift sweater. Super fast! I'm making the short sleeved version for a little layering baby piece. My friend Joan recently made two of these for sisters. The pattern goes from newborn to 8 years old. They even have an adult version.

The summer is flying by. Football started last night for my youngest. Goodbye family dinner time... That's the worst part of this time of year. I love having all my boys around the table for dinner. And my college boys time at home is coming to a close soon. Trying to soak in the time best I can.





 

1 comment:

  1. your flowers are gorgeous!! mine have not done as well as i had hoped but alas i still have enough to cut!! the gourd garden is really magical, maybe your mom will do a class for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete