Thursday, October 5, 2023

Francesca for Me


 Do you remember the sweater I knit for my sister? 

It caught my eye at the NJ Sheep & Wool Festival. Over the next week I casted on and finished.
It looks so nice on her! I have a few custom order knits on my plate right now but this cardigan just kept calling my name. Make one! You can do it! In time for Friday of Rhinebeck weekend. To match Liz! I'm nuts. Yes...I know. But look what I did...I casted on and away we go...

This is a Francesa for Me. I went up one size and using fall/autumn colors.
I am not using mohair in my version (because I didn't have any left in my stash) and also decided to hold 2 dk and one fingering together. Liz's was 5 fingering and mohair and the fabric was very heavy. It looks awesome, but it's super heavy! This one is much lighter. I'm now wishing I had done this for hers too.

Ok...need to get back to work (really gets in the way of my knitting time!)


1 comment:

  1. i am reading backward....what's with all these posts while i was out of commission?? and what have i told you about that job??!!

    ReplyDelete