Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday

 













It's Monday and it feels like fall! The temps were CHILLY this morning! Sweater weather friends!

The weekend was busy and productive. I was cranky Saturday! It was humid and muggy and I was tired. But I managed to get myself to do some productive things around the house, took a walk with the dog, popped in the farm store for a bit. I also stopped by the library to pick up this cookbook I requested. I have flagged so many recipes! I made my grocery list and I have four recipes planned for this week.

Last night, I made the Meatball Sub Sandwich and it was delicous! I followed the recipe exactly. Because it's all cooked on one sheet pan, it's easy peasy clean up. I'm a fan! Today I'm making a loaf of sourdough bread and the Tender Chicken in a Pot recipe. Looks delicious. Perfect for this cooler weather.

I got a ton of knitting done on my Francesca sweater. It's such a quick knit. I'll have it done for Rhinebeck for sure. I want to wear it to Cakepalooza (if the weather cooperates). My elbow gets sore if I knit too much so I spent Saturday night reading this book, Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan. It's a short book, only 100 pages. I don't normally read short books but I saw this one come up in a lot of the comments on this post by Cup of Jo. I noticed the author also wrote Foster, which was made into a movie, The Quiet Girl. I loved the movie so I was excited about the book. I loved it. It's short, not overwritten, you can picture the setting perfectly, it's heartwarming at the same time heart breaking. I loved the main character. It's a quick read. You can finish in one sitting if you have a few hours.

I also started the book, Sorrow and Bliss. I'm only about 70 pages in but I like it so far. I think it would be hard to listen to though. It jumps around A LOT but in the book, those little paragraphs are separated by dots, so you know the author is jumping around. I would be totally lost if listening to this one. It deals with depression but in a funny way. I'm enjoying it. I also started another Granny's Favourite. It's a custom order for a friend of mine. She's keeping me busy! And I love doing it.

Hope you all have a nice week. Happy Monday, friends.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you read, like you knit, like you cook!! i like the cookbook, i may try to get that next time i go to the library!!

    ReplyDelete