Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Just saying hi














Hi friends. Nothing too exciting to share, but wanted to say hello. The sun is finally out and we're getting a taste of late summer during the early days of October. I finished up another custom baby set. It's another Granny's Favourite and a simple bonnet (not really a pattern, I just wing it).

Buddy and I are back to walking Spring Lake in the mornings when I work from home. He loves it, I love it, it's a beautiful spot. I'm always in a good mood when I'm there. I have been listening to some books and podcasts on my walks. I finished listening to The House of Eve. I really enjoyed it. I've also been listening to a few podcasts: From the Front Porch (I want to be friends with Annie, aka the real Kathleen Kelly of our time), The Cookbook Club (I get a lot of tips and recipe ideas from them), Homecooking (her laugh makes me smile and they have lots of fun food ideas- this was recorded during the pandemic).

My flowers are still doing their thing! I'm sure all that rain helped prolong their season. I cut some for a fresh bouquet today. Makes me smile to have fresh flowers in the house.

I was simmering some lemon, water and rosemary on the stove today. It made the house smell good (less like dirty socks from Chase and animals...) If I had vanilla I would put some in but I'm all out. Note to self, add vanilla extract to next shopping list.

And a simple tuna melt was lunch today. I added some Old Bay seasoning into this one and topped it with Cabot sharp cheddar cheese. Simple, quick and easy. yum.

Ok...time to get back to work. Only 17 days to Rhinebeck!!!!!!!!! (I kind of want to knit a Francesca for myself. Can I do it???!!! Maybe? Yes? Probably)...let's see...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment