Thursday, March 21, 2024

Quick Trip to Georgia

 

My oldest son moved to Georgia in August for grad school/work. I miss him like crazy and the move has been hard on him. Thought it would be nice to bring him a little sense of home so my mom and I went for a few days. It was wonderful! We had the best time visiting! We hung out, explored the area, ate amazing food and got to see him at work. Here are some pictures....

Plane ride knitting.


Just hanging out, spending time on his porch (that now has a table and chairs!) Thanks Walmart score!


Mom and Dalton at Brick Store Pub. Mom found a beer she loved! Notice the beer mustache.
It's a great spot. Good food, fun atmosphere, located right in Decatur Square.



Cute art gallery/gift shop also in Decatur Square.



While Dalton was working, mom and I went to The General Muir in Emory Point.
I wish I had taken more photos inside the restaurant. It was a really cool spot and the food was amazing! I had the tuna melt (which I thought was amazing UNTIL my mom had me take a bit of her Chicken Salad Club). This is honestly the best sandwich I have ever had. It was to die for. If you're anywhere near this place, go! The couple next to us were eating Ruebens that looked delicious. They go there just for that sandwich. SOOOOOO good!



Speaking of more great food...
We took a ride to Ponce City Market. You can read all about the place on their website. The place is awesome. Full of fun shops, bars, and a food court that will blow your mind. I say food court...it's more than that! We had delicious fried chicken sandwiches on biscuits for lunch, took a walk exploring shops to make room for some dessert. We had gelato, then grabbed a few desserts to take home.
The donuts from Five Daughters Bakery were hands-down the best donuts I have ever eaten. We had the vanilla cream and the purist. 











Some shopping...



I took these pictures of the pencils for my friend, Paige. She's a framer and I immediately thought of her. What a cool idea!





Back to the food...














We also showed my mom around Emory University (where my son is working as a sports information graduate assistant).
It's a beautiful campus and we soaked up the sun and warm weather. Couldn't have asked for a better trip.



Dalton working at the softball game (he's the guy taking photos with his phone for PR)




Mom literally stopping to smell the flowers :) She came away with pollen on her nose.



So hard to say goodbye to him...but so glad he's doing well and making his own path in the world. 



1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! the food!!! i wish i could say the pictures of the people were my favorites (hahaha) but the food was amazing!!! dalton looks great!!

    ReplyDelete