Friday, March 29, 2024

Yarn Along

I've been busy making and reading. I joined up with Annie from The Bookshelf for her "conquer a classic" challenge. I really enjoy her podcast called, From the Front Porch. It's a weekly podcast about her independent bookstore in Thomasville, GA. She also has a patreon group which I just joined last month and I'm so glad I did! I really enjoy reading and I have gotten away from it the past few years because knitting has taken over. When it comes down to picking between the two, knitting always wins. BUT I love reading. I am reading Lonesome Dove along with the patreon group. She breaks it down per month with the goal to finish in October. I have read ahead a bit but I'm going to stop this week and read something else. I also knit these socks as part of the #ilovebooksandsockknittingkal24 with Denise of Earthtones Girl. I don't love knitting socks...however, I have enjoyed wearing them. So I might just cast on another pair soon. We'll see.... 


I've had a few custom baby knit orders come in. The first thing I made was a squishy stroller sized baby blanket. I just held two strands together, big needles and basically made a giant washcloth based on this pattern. I had two skeins and I weighed them as I knit. Once I was half way done, I started the decreases.



I also knit this little baby bonnet. It's not really a pattern. I just cast on 58 stitches and go from there.




I made this little sweater for a baby due in August. I made the 3-6 month size. I held a strand of fingering weight sock yarn and a strand of mohair together for this one.
It's very cute! I had a hard time with the embroidery on this one. Not sure why but I tried a few different ideas but it wasn't coming out nice on this fabric. So I just went simple...





I'm excited to pick up my Rosemary Cardigan again. I have one sleeve left and then it's done.
I also have the rest of my yarn for my Eye Dazzler Sweater so I can get that done!

What are you knitting and reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment