Wednesday, August 28, 2024

End of August

August is almost a wrap. My middle son goes back to college this weekend. BOOO. Love seeing them happy and flying but I miss having a house full of kids. Looking forward to being up in Massachusetts for a bit to help him move into his new place. We love it up there but I always wish we could spend more time. Over the years, the visits become more of drop off, turn around and go home. I miss the early years of college when you stay and hang for a while. BUT, we have animals and a younger kid to get home to. 

Anywho....here are some photos of the past few days.


Made some sourdough bread for my college bound kid and delicious meal from the Carmine's restaurant cookbook. The meal is "Country Style Rigatoni". A mix of sausage, garlic, white beans, broccoli, chicken stock, onions, lots of parmesan cheese, prosciutto, and rigatoni. Delicious and easy. 


A smiling, sunbathing alpaca :)



I didn't get a garden planted this year as I said in an earlier post. However, one sunflower seed from last year survived and grew into the tallest sunflower I have ever seen! Maybe it was able to grow so tall and strong because it didn't compete with root space? Not sure but it is spectacular!





Buddy boy loves a car ride


Monday knitting and coffee always reenergizes me for the week ahead.


Dad mows for hours and hours and hours on the weekends. 


While in Cooperstown, NY I discovered ciders, especially a Hibiscus Ginger Cider. I'm kicking myself for not buying some for home. I really wanted to find some around here and our local store carries the Champlain Orchards Cider. My best work buddy goes to this place every summer during her trip to Lake George. They take a ferry over to Vermont and visit. So I tried their version and it was delicious!
I had their Hibiscus Cider but they have many other flavors to try.


OH....and the result of the Erin French burger was a 10!!!!!!!!
Pork burger with grilled peaches, blue cheese and bacon on top a homemade poppy seed roll bun. YUP. Insane. Easy, Delicious. The recipe is in her Lost Kitchen Cookbook. Obsessed!






Hope you have a good last week of August!

 

2 comments:

  1. you are having a great week so far, i am as well!! love the sunflower and that cute shirt you have on (wink)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why did i not mention your bread, yours is the best!!

      Delete