Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Pivot

I casted on the Framed sweater a few weeks ago in anticipation for Rhinebeck. I was loving it. Enjoying the knit and seeing the pattern come to life. As I knit more of the body, I started to question the contrast in my yarns. I wasn't able to see the pattern as well as I hoped. My colored was too stripy and not enough gradient. I put it aside, asked my friends, blocked it, and then decided to pivot.

Andrea Mowry put out a cowl version of the Framed Sweater called "Frame Your Face". 
I love the quilt squares and since the weeks are ticking away, I thought it was a perfect alternative for Rhinebeck. I think I'll get a ton of wear out of it with a jean jacket in the fall.

I pulled out a bunch of skeins from my stash and decided on these two yarns.
The white is Cascade 220 (from the original planned sweater) and the brown is yarn my son bought for me during his summer trip to France. I'm happy I went with neutral colors. I'm thinking of overstitching one white square with my signature mustard yellow color. Thought that might be fun.

You'll see the new knit and the original sweater below...
I'm glad I made the decision to switch it up.





Buddy is my constant companion :)


Sweater before blocking...


After blocking...


Little signs of fall everywhere you look...



I just finished this one. I gave it 4 stars. It could have been 5 but it was too long and needed some editing (in my opinion). It had a Goldfinch/To Kill a Mockingbird/Room vibe. The beginning totally hooked me in. The middle was too long. The end was excellent. The book is being produced into a mini series and if done right, will be amazing. I keep picturing who I would cast for Patch and Saint. I recommend it if you need a break from rom coms. Next up for me is Wedding People. 


 

1 comment:

  1. i really like the colors of the cowl...buddy matches it well!! i at first miss the pattern in the cowl...only really got it when i focused on it!! i always LOVE whatever you make!!

    ReplyDelete