Thursday, October 20, 2011

YARN!!!!!!!!IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I got the call from my mom yesterday...."OUR YARN IS HERE!!!!"

In the year that we have had the alpacas, we have had one shearing. Some of the yarn that we have from our animals was from their previous farm or some that we (as in my mom and sisters) have washed, carded and spun. So, this yarn and roving is the first batch from our shearing day and our animals. I have been anxiously awaiting this moment. I know that the alpacas on this farm are of high quality, super personalities, beautiful to look at and fun to hang out with, but what would their yarn look like?

Well, it's here and it's wonderful.
Spicy, you take the prize. Your yarn is the most beautiful rose grey, oatmeal, tan, fabulous, beautiful yarn that I have ever seen. We had all of the yarn mixed with 30% merino wool. I love that blend because it gives the yarn memory and stands up to holding the stitch.

Spicy's yarn

That's Spicy

Brown yarn- blend of a few animals


Roving....lots of it. Get spinning!





I love these alpacas, I really do. Can we get 10 more Spicys on the farm?
I would like to knit a huge Spicy blanket :)

Happy Yarning
-Leanne

2 comments:

  1. Right now I have most of the yarn at my house. I think it is safe to say laundry is not getting done for weeks, there will be no home cooked meals until after Christmas. Oh happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you! It is beautiful stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete