Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's Nice to Have Friends That Knit

For about a year now, a few of us get together once a month or more to knit, enjoy each others company, have some take out food and laugh over some glasses of wine.

This year, we decided to do a Secret Santa Knitted Gift Exchange. We secretly picked names out of a wine glass, decided on a $20 limit and picked our patterns and got knitting. We exchanged last night.

Here are the results....

 Andee wearing her new orange hat made by Leanne. Pattern link here: Autumn for Andee
Knitted with Spud & Chloe sweater yarn.

 Quinn loving her new crocheted bracelet made by Tara. 
Crocheted with the "broomstick" stitch using fabulously soft CASHMERE yarn!


Tara opening her neck warmer knitted by Andee. 
Andee chose green angora rabbit yarn for this project because Tara LOVES bunnies and has a Jersey Woolie that lives with her just like a puppy would. On a side note, Andee is allergic to this yarn and couldn't stop sneezing the entire time she knitted this. That's a good friend.
Andee wrote about it on her blog: Match the Pictures




 I'm wearing my crocheted cowl made by my sister, Liz. She panicked when she pulled my name I think. She only crochets and I'm not much of a fan of crocheted looking things. So she searched for patterns that looked knitted and wow! She did it. It's amazing, wonderful and I love it.
She made this with a deep purple cotton chunky yarn. I can't wait to wear it.


Lizzie has to wait for her gift because we sprang this get-together on Quinn and she was out babysitting for Andee so she didn't have her gift to bring. But this picture below is Lizzie holding my guy, Chase. When Quinn opened up her bracelet, it fell out of the bag and almost landed in her food and soy sauce! She yelled as she saved it and scared the daylights out of little Chase!


I love our little group. 
I hope you are lucky enough to have someone in your life that shares your passion for crafting, knitting, crocheting, yarn obsessions and  good friendship.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

-Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment