Monday, September 10, 2012

Bits and Pieces



I've been a little absent in my posts lately. Not sure why, but I thought I would just post a bunch of random things today.

 •••
First of all, Lizzie is due to have her baby any day. She might be in labor right now!
But we're not sure. Heading to doctor in a bit to find out. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!!!!
I am soooo excited. I texted her and her response was, "Yikes!" She's too funny.
This baby is going to be welcomed into so much love. I can't wait to meet him.

•••

I have been knitting so much that my shoulder hurts. But I have a pile of really nice hand knits to sell.


•••

Blue the alpaca is very handsome and fits in so well at the farm.

•••

It feels like fall today. That makes me so happy. I LOVE fall. Jeans, tshirts and I can still wear flip flops.

•••

The coop is being transformed for farm day. The floor was repainted  yesterday and we're hoping to get it all set up to make room for the new merchandise and yarn.

•••

My boys just started the second week of school and big news....my oldest is on Safety Patrol. If you know my son, you won't be surprised by this assignment. He was born to be a hall monitor.

•••

My middle guy had an AWESOME catch in his football game yesterday. They played so well. They lost the game, but the other team was amazing and our boys tried their best.
Tonight we don't have practice. Yippee. I can actually make a real dinner.

 •••
Enjoyed the Manasquan football game with my hubby and boys this weekend. They lost, but still fun to be there cheering the kids on.


•••

I spilled wine on a skein of yarn this weekend. Ugh. The hazards of drinking and knitting.

•••

I am getting better at making up my own hat patterns. I'm terrible in math so I feel like it always hinders my design sense. I think the more I try to do it on my own the better I am getting. There is hope!

•••

The beautiful handmade buttons I ordered arrived in the mail this week. I love Etsy.

•••

I am wishing to go to Rhinebeck to get some Miss Babs yarn, but this baby boy of mine still won't sleep through the night and only wants ME at night. BOOOOOO. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get away.

•••

Itching to make Chase a new sweater.

•••

Looking forward to spending time with my friend, Tara, today. We haven't been able to hang out much at all lately. Work, kids, life has gotten in the way. Don't you hate that? We're planning on a trip to a local yarn store and some outlet shopping. 


•••
The random pictures that are shown here were taken last week after some amazing weather and crazy storms. It was the remnants of Hurricane Isaac. Pretty cool huh? Love those clouds.

For anyone that follows the Ten on Ten project, today is the day!
Take 10 photos for 10 consecutive hours to highlight and capture the beauty of your day.

Happy Knitting, farming and homesteading!

No comments:

Post a Comment