Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Spicy Hat Yarn Along

Happy Yarn Along Day!

I recently knitted up this fun slouch hat (Rosebud by Jared Flood)
using his Brooklyn Tweed Shelter Yarn.
It was the first time I used the yarn....hmmm. I have very mixed feelings about it.
I LOVE the look. I like the squishy wool, rustic feel. But what I am not thrilled about is how easily it tears. Just a gently tug, and yikes. It rips. So I was nervous knitting with it. But I am happy with the hat. It ended up being gigantic, which is ok for me, but I would prefer a smaller hat.

 
So....I tried it again.
This time with our farm yarn from Spicy the Alpaca.
I made some modifications to the pattern.
I decided to do stockinette stitch for the hat instead of garter.
Much happier. I also did 2 repeats of cable instead of the 3 that the pattern
suggested for the slouch. This slouches just fine :)

I wore it all day on Sunday for our Farm Day. 
LOVE IT. And so did our customers!
I had a request to make 2 more.




 Not a great picture of the hat...but it's on my head in this pic just to give you an idea.


Spicy (on the right)

I casted on for a new custom hat. This time in our eco baby alpaca in the fawn colorway.
I really love this hat.
I'm reading, The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes.
I loved Me Before You so hopefully this will be just as good.


 I also had an order for a newborn hat for a baby boy.
Simple, grey with a touch of white fair isle. So little :)


Happy October. My favorite time of year.


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's yarn along.
Stop over there to be inspired.


3 comments:

  1. What great hats! It looks so good on you. I can't wait to see the baby version. How cute is that going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat! And those alpacas are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your hats are so nice, particularly the baby one.

    ReplyDelete