Saturday, March 14, 2015

Breathe

I have been quiet on this blog lately. Life has been busy, a little chaotic and this space has suffered.
My camera has sat in it's bag for too long. Too many photos on the iphone. The weather has been frustrating, but what can we do...just take it day by day.

So when the sun decided to shine and the temps rose above 40 degrees this week, we were very happy to get outside to say hi to the alpacas and play with cousins.










 I have been teaching knitting lessons every weekend. I knew that I loved to teach, but I don't think I realized how much I would really truly love it. To see a person walk into the farm store with little or no knowledge at all about knitting and a few hours later leave with stitches and rows on their needles, smiles on their faces and knitting plans is so exciting. 
I taught a Fair Isle class (stranded color work) to four women last weekend.
They rocked it! They all picked up on the technique without any problems and they posted their finished pieces on instagram for me to see. They come back today for 2 hours and we're going to talk all about colors and how to make the best choices when fair isle knitting.
I took a class with Mary Jane Mucklestone at Vogue Live Knitting NYC last winter and I'm using the knowledge she gave me to teach my students.



And a few shots from my phone of the last few days....
Chase and Jeter just hanging out on the bed.

All the boys wore the same color this day. Not on purpose.

Our dirt road is a mess. Puddles and melting ice and snow make for a bumpy and messy ride for the good ol' minivan. I was taking the garbage out the other day and noticed a heart shaped puddle in the road. I'll take it the love where ever we can get it these day! Come on nicer weather!!!!
 

STEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
I did it. Yup. Well, it kind of worked. More on that another day.....
 

Liz and Nick are finishing their basement and so this beautiful desk needed a new home and I am the very lucky lady that gets to have it. So my home office got a very much needed overhaul this week. Can't wait to get some nice fresh new houseplants from Barlow's to add to the top.
What a difference a nice space makes.
 

This is a little baby gift for a farmer friend. I can't get the photo to turn...so it's sideways. Oh well.
Knitted with alpaca yarn from our store and pink hand dyed yarn by Liz.
 

That's it. Was nice to visit here a little bit.
OH!!!!! READING........I LOVED A Fall of Marigolds. BEST BOOK I've read in a long time.
I'm so sad that it's over. You know books like that? Yup. It was one of those. I miss the characters.

Ok...got to go make cupcakes, set up for today's knitting lessons, set the house up for Garrett's 11th Birthday party later this afternoon and 7 boys sleeping over in my little house. ummmm...yeah. I got this.
Have a great day!!!
-Leanne
 

3 comments:

  1. oohhhhh i should have been there :( i'm so sad that i missed it!!!

    i completed 2 more hats and i can almost make one with my eyes closed.....it is time to move on!!

    the paca's look wonderful!! good luck tonight, been there, done that....i guess it was fun but i'm kinda happy i don't do it anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh and i LOVE the desk!!!! i have a pottery barn one that is similar but has the closed secretary and a larger cabinet on top and i LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your desk! And I so wished I was going to a fair isle pattern class - that is one of my aims for this year... Hoping to make some progress because the pattern you chosen to teach the class would be amazing to make!

    ReplyDelete