Monday, May 18, 2020

Week 10 of Quarantine

Here we go into week 10 of quarantine. We've all settled into this new life pretty well. The longer I've been working at home is going to make it a little harder to go back to the 40 hour out of the house work week! I have enjoyed the slower pace in the morning and at night. Days are jam packed with work, school work, household things, walking the dog, etc. So the daytime flies by usually.
There are zoom calls for work and school, conference calls for me, high school kids work, and last week were AP Exams online for my oldest. 

Just thought it would be fun to share some photos from our weekend. 
I made gyros on Friday night. The kit is found in the frozen section of Aldi. It comes with the meat, pitas and sauce. You have to thaw it overnight and then I added lettuce, tomatoes and red onions. They were quick  and delicious. The house smelled like Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival!


We are enjoying the fire pit Dalton made for Mother's Day. We all joined around for the whole night, making s'mores and hanging out.


Liz and I filmed a quick podcast. We have all stayed distant from each other and only going to the grocery store when needed. Restrictions lifted a bit around here on Friday so we got together. We put a few feet between us as you can see. It was nice to be side by side again!



After a nice weather day, I joined a Zoom with podcaster, Chevy Rell. It was a beautiful sunset.
I casted on a cute little bonnet to sell in the coop. 




This is the bonnet. I finished it in the morning drinking my coffee.
Here is a link to the pattern page.


I made another batch of sourdough soft pretzels. These are soooo good! Half were cinnamon and sugar and the others were salt. Here is the link to the recipe. I was able to get some yeast at the store so I can get back to baking things that require yeast! Who knew this would be an issue in 2020???



My girl, Miss Claire is broody once again. Every spring. This girl wants to be a mama!
I need to keep an eye on her and make sure she gets up to eat and drink. 


I casted on another Anker's Bonnet Sunday night. I love knitting this hat!
I'm going to make the baby version of the sweater that I made a few weeks ago.
I'm enjoying mindless knits lately. 


Here we go into week 10....hope you're all healthy and safe.



2 comments:

  1. life is good...are we the only ones who are enjoying this?? i LOVE being home, doing all the home things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pretzels look amazing! I really like that cute bonnet too.

    ReplyDelete