Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Siblings



 Was flipping through my phone photos thinking of something to blog about. And these two photos were right next to each other. I used them to post for "National Sibling Day" and it struck me that the birth order of me and my sisters are exactly the same as my boys in these pictures. Oldest in the middle, middle child to the right and baby of the family to the left. I've always been close to my sisters and we're very close now. I can't imagine doing life without them. I hope my boys feel the same way about each other. It will be interesting to see how their relationships grow/change through adulthood. My second one is finishing up his senior year and headed to college for the first time leaving my little guy home all by himself. It's going to be so strange going to just three people in the house. I would give anything to go back to the years of them all being little and under one roof every day. But...that's not how life is supposed to go. 

I'm thankful every single day for everyone in these pictures. :)

Top photo was taken in 1990 (I think) on our camping cross-country trip. Our family traveled for 30 days pulling an airstream camper across the country. I think this picture was taken the night we were going to see the rodeo. I loved those wooden lizard earrings!

Bottom photo was taken January 2022 the night before we took our oldest back to college. I'll be picking him up this week to spend the summer at home. Year two went quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment