Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Looking Back on Maryland Sheep & Wool Festivals and Plans for This Year!


The countdown to Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is on!!! Only 16 days until I'll be in the car headed to Maryland, yarn, fiber friends, food, wine, sheep, inspiration and fun! It's one of my favorite weekends of the year. We haven't been able to go for the past two years due to Covid. I am thrilled it will be happening this year. Typically it's been a sister/mom and Paige trip. One year we had some friends join us. I have been attending Maryland for many years. I don't remember how many but I know for many years we had babies with us, some years one of us was pregnant, it's been while!!! This year a small group of us got a house because the big rooms at our normal hotel were already booked. How rude!!!

Just for fun, here are some past year blog posts:

MDSW 2011 (my second trip! Pre-alpacas and Chase!)

MDSW 2012 (Chase joined the party!)

2013 was when all my photos disappeared on the blog! :(

MDSW 2014 (Just me and my friend Tara)

MDSW 2015

MDSW 2016

MDSW 2017

MDSW 2018

MDSW 2019

Can't wait to add 2022 to this list!

If you've never been, I highly recommend it. I believe it's $5 a day to enter. It takes place the first full weekend of May. This year it lands on May 7-8 (it's Mother's Day...which I don't love, but I'll head home early Sunday)

I usually head to the festival with patterns and yarn in mind. I like to get some yarn that I use in for my Rhinebeck sweater. Here are the things I have on my list...


I love this shawl and I'm going to be running a Knit Along through our podcast this summer.

Pressed Flowers Shawl


I'm going to look or a natural main color and a speckled lighter color for the flowers. I want it to be super natural looking, nothing bright. I've been finding myself wearing my neutral, natural colors lately.


Next up: 

Showoff Boomerang

This shawl uses one skein and it's perfect for those fun speckled hand-dyed yarns. The pattern was suggested to me by one of our podcast viewers. I always love the fun yarn but never know what to do with it. Thought this would be perfect.



I saw a woman wearing this sweater at Rhinebeck and I fell I love with it.
Sandoval Sweater. I think I want to do the background in a natural yarn I made my everyday sweater with and find a fun yarn for the color work.


That's it for my list right now. I'll keep checking Ravelry for ideas. I also want to stop by some of the new vendors, especially this one: Mindful Folk Farm Here website and Instagram are so pretty!

I will be there on Saturday all day and possibly Sunday morning. Say hi if you see me!


No comments:

Post a Comment