Thursday, April 21, 2022

What's for Dinner?

I cook a homemade dinner almost every night. I have the usual suspects in my line up but I always try to throw something new into the mix so we don't get bored. 
I made this recipe Roasted Veggie with Pasta and Feta and we all loved it. It was quick and easy and made for good leftovers. I highly recommend it!


My youngest son and I have been watching Master Chef Jr on Fox. Somehow we've completely missed this show!!! My co-workers tipped me off about it and we haven't missed a week this season. Also, we found it on Hulu and have been binging it together. Chase has shown interest in cooking for the past few years and enjoys helping me. For Christmas he got a bunch of cooking utensils and his own knives. 
When he asked me if he could pick a recipe and make dinner I was ALL IN. 

Gordon Ramsey is the host of Master Chef Jr and Chase really likes him. He's much nicer to the kids than he is to adults! We went to the library and took out one of his cookbooks for some ideas.
He picked out a scallop dish and I took him to Whole Foods to do the shopping.
The employees at Whole Foods were wonderful. I told them that he was cooking the whole meal so he ordered the scallops and the man helping us was very excited for him. When we looked for mache, the produce stocker told us they didn't have it (and also commented that it's very bitter and we might not like it anyway) He recommended arugula and we had some at home. 



Picking out the perfect Granny Smith apples.



All set and ready to cook!

Sawks wanted to help. Oh this cat...he's a character.







 He did everything himself. You can see how proud he was. The meal was delicious!
In our house, whoever cooks dinner does not have to do dishes.
I always cook dinner so the kids always clean but Rick and I kept the deal and did the clean up.
Chase was very happy about that part too.

He's already thinking about his next recipe and I'll encourage that any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment