Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Spring is Here
















  It's official, spring is here. The trees are in bloom, the days are unpredictable, trout season has begun, baseball is in full swing and warmer days are on the horizon. 

I took my youngest and my nephew to the Spring Lake Trout Fishing Kid's Tournament last weekend. We stayed for 6 hours. The boys loved it. They only caught one fish but we saw lots of big trout being pulled out of the lake. We will be back soon with hopes of another big catch. We took it back to Liz's house and we cooked it up and all dug in! It was delicious. As a kid I always thought fishing was SO BORING. I also brought a book to read but now I love the fishing trips. It's an excuse to sit and knit or read while the boys fish. Forced down time and I'm all for that!

Baseball season has begun. If you're a spring sports parent in NJ you know that most of the games are spent wrapped up in layers and blankets! I'm ready for warmer weather!!! It was too chilly to knit this weekend. Grrrr! I'm so proud of Chase. He has always been a natural baseball player but you can see how much he has improved and his confidence has grown tremendously after we made a move to a different travel team. We love his coaches and all of the families. He is older on this team which I'm finding is a huge plus for him. He's a summer baby and goes to school with kids older than him. He's always the youngest. Luckily the baseball calendar is different for age ranges and he fits with the grade below him. What a difference it is making. He has bee coming in to close games as a pitcher. He's killing it! 

I'm still knitting my Trouville Sweater. It's taking me forever. But I really want to finish it up before I go to Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival in May. Just in case it's cool out I can wear it. I'm ready to be done with it!!!! Looking forward to casting on a new project.

The sun came out and the temps warmed up a bit yesterday and I enjoyed some knitting time outside over lunch. It was beautiful and it made me miss all my knitting buddies. We used to sit outside and knit on days like this before I worked full time. Hoping to get some knitting time with friends in soon. 

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment