Monday, April 25, 2022

Weekending

The weather was beautiful on Friday and I took full advantage of it over my lunch hour. I took all the little boys (which is funny because they're not that little anymore!) to the park. I had my knitting and they played for a little while. I miss the days that I could just take them to the park and knit a while, talking to moms, enjoying the sun and not worrying about my lunch hour running out...BUT I'm also thankful that I had so many years being a stay at home mom and having those times. But still...I miss them.


Chase has baseball every Friday and when I drop him off I've been heading to the beach for a little bit. The weather was nice so I enjoyed a short walk on the beach at the Manasquan Inlet.



After practice and dinner, Chase and I headed out to fish in the pond, say hi to the alpacas, Little Dude and my apple tree that is in bloom.




This is one my favorite places on the farm, the kid's "fort". It's a treehouse built by my brother in law and my dad. It's perfect for wine sipping, knitting, reading and watching Chase fish.




We have been letting Sox out a little bit with us. He doesn't go far. It's fun to watch his natural instincts kick in. The alpacas were very confused!!!


He really is the best. He's such a snuggly cat (also a little whacky at times!)


On Saturday morning I hit the local library book sale. It was PACKED in there. Insane! I grabbed a few books including some for my nephew and one for my sister. I was excited about the Carmine's cookbook. We enjoy their restaurant in NYC and AC and my favorite dishes are in the book. So I whipped up the Country Rigatoni for dinner. Easy to heat up while I was going to be doing our Patreon Cocktail Hour Night. It was delicious.




We had a fan visit! So much fun meeting Mary Ellen and her husband. They traveled down for a weekend in Asbury Park and made our farm part of their travels. We laughed so hard! So much fun!!!


The barn swallows are back. Every year they return and it's always a favorite message I get from my dad. "The barn swallows are back." It signals home, summer, longer days and warmer nights. 



My sister, Liz, gave me an early birthday present! She wanted me to have them for my trip to Maryland Sheep & Wool in case I wanted to pair them with something for a color work project.

The yarn is from Barnyard Knits. Her yarn is soooo pretty! I'm excited to have some of my own now.



Between all of these moments, I also cleaned, grocery shopped, cooked meals, went to baseball games and all the boring stuff. LOL. I topped off the weekend with our first spring concert of the season. I'm a member of the Greater Shore Concert Band. Every time we play I am thankful to have a group like this to play with. Everyone is talented and dedicated. And I think we're pretty darn good :) 


It was a busy weekend! Now for a busy week...


 

3 comments:

  1. i found the carmines pasta recipe online and pinned it, i loved that one too!! the yarn is beautiful, i can't wait to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. purple debbie, i am coming up anonymous!!!

      Delete
    2. I thought it was you!

      Delete