Friday, August 18, 2023

A Perfect Project

Hello! I'm excited to share an update and photos of the project I'm working on right now. I have knitted so many projects in my "knitting lifetime". According to Ravelry, I have 328 projects but I'm sure I have even more that I don't log. Over the years (15, I think) I have learned a lot about myself as a knitter. Sometimes what I enjoy knitting isn't something I enjoy wearing...think odd shaped shawls. Love knitting them, rarely wear them. Sweaters? Yes please. Love knitting them and wearing them. BUT they take a lot of yarn and that usually means lots of $$$. Hats, ok...I'll knit them but don't love them. Wear them? Yes. Socks? Nope. Hate knitting them. Love wearing them but not worth it for me to knit them anymore. Chunky yarn? Nope. Hurts my hands. But I'll make a fun quick hat with it.

Then it's about the actual pattern and the knitting. I get bored easily when I knit. I can knit for hours and hours if I'm interested. Garter stitch for miles or stockinette forever makes me knit a few rows and want to put it down. Fair isle? I can knit forever. Ribbing or texture is even better. Following a chart? Yup. That's my jam. I LOVE a pattern that has constant changes that keep me engaged. 

I was shocked when a fiber friend gifted me her Chelsea Yarns Advent from 2022. She said the colors just weren't her and the yarn was just sitting in a bag. She knew I would love the colors and enjoy knitting with the beautiful yarn. I was overwhelmed with her generosity! I knew I would have to knit something special with the yarn. A pattern that had to check off all the boxes. I knew I would have to keep it to a scarf, cowl, shawl, something not too huge that could utilize the mini skeins. After searching Ravelry for a while I stumbled upon the Tasting Menu wrap. It was Mystery Knit Along from early 2020. It had something different every few rows, would only use up 9 or 10 of the mini skeins and I had the perfect solid in my stash. 

Basically, it's a perfect project! Keeps me interested, going to love wearing it and beautiful yarn. Here's an update of where I started and where I am....


The designer has you pick out certain colors and put them in groups of three. 

The top three are used in the "V" part, the groups on the sides will be the other parts of the scarf. The solid cream yarn is used throughout. 

You have to assign them numbers. I kept them all in individual bags to keep everything strait.


It starts with a garter stitch tab and triangle design.


Then you put half of the triangle on scrap yarn and start the one side. I LOVE all the different sections. Sometimes it's ribbing, lace, garter, mini baubles. So much to keep you engaged.


The colors are set up do create a pretty fade. I'm in love with it.




I am on the last section of the side and then I'll pick up the other side of the triangle and work on the other side. It's going to block beautifully and be a pretty scarf for cool days.







1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous leanne, i really love the colors!! you are so talented, i wish i had caught your talent but i am so happy you taught me to knit!!

    ReplyDelete