Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Roots and Wings








 

My mom heart is a disaster. We drove our oldest son to Decatur, Georgia (East Atlanta) to help him settle into his first real apartment and job. I'm very proud of him and excited for him to start this next chapter of his life working at Emory University while earning his masters degree in sports information. But boy oh boy is it hard for me. I'm a wreck. I know he'll be fine. But Georgia is really far away!!!!!! This whole parenting thing isn't for the faint of heart. 

I know we have to give them wings...but driving away is so hard.

1 comment:

  1. i cried so hard when we left the boys at college, i have adjusted pretty well now. texas and north carolina, both so very far...the trick is loving your spouse, friends and family just as much as you love them!!

    ReplyDelete