Monday, August 28, 2023

Wrapping up Summer

Summer is winding down and it's starting to feel like Fall. I'm ready for it. My middle son goes back to college the end of this week and my youngest starts school next week. The summer flowers are still blooming and I continue to enjoy them. My knitting has gone from "for me fun projects" to "make money projects!". That's a sure sign of summer ending. Everything I knit from now until winter is mostly to sell at the farm store or gift knits.

First up, another baby blanket. I have a friend that works with young nurses that have been busy having babies! She orders a new blanket every time a new baby is born. This is the Knit Four Points Baby Blanket, a free pattern by Purl Soho. I adjust the pattern to make it a chunkier "stroller/car seat" sized blanket. My notes on how I modify the pattern are on my project page. 

It's a quick knit and travels well (to football practice pick up). 








The sky was so pretty the other night.


My flowers (and weeds) are doing well!



I have a new addition to my windowsill. I found these three perfect little acorns (still attached to each other) on my walk with Buddy the other day. It reminded me of my three boys so I brought it home. It now lives in one of the bird nests.





The next few pictures are hats I knit for the store. Just simple chunky alpaca hats. No pattern for the hat, but the rose and leaf pattern can be found here. I used chunky yarn and big needles for the rose. 


This is a slight variation on my Stars Hollow Hat, also to sell at the farm. It's baby sized and so cute!


Back to my favorite baby sweater pattern! I've made a lot of these.
They are so easy to make and perfect for our farm store.
This is the Granny's Favourite. Knitted with just one skein of worsted yarn and buttons from my button bin. I love the color combo :) 





And last...had some old bananas so made some banana bread. Always easy and yummy!




 

1 comment:

  1. nice projects!!! the sweater is so pretty, i love the blue and yellow together!! your flowers did much better than mine, i know i said that before...but they are such a joy to have during the summer!! if that is lizes recipe for banana bread i made that and it was delicious!!!

    i am ready for fall, totally over summer, i did not have a good one!! i can't wait for rhinebeck!!!

    ReplyDelete