Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yarn Along

I have too many projects going right now.
So what do I do? I cast on a new one. Obviously.
I had to. My new yarn from the festival was calling my name.


So, I casted on for a Juneberry Shawl by Jared Flood
with some Miss Babs sock yarn in Plum.


I officially am in love with anything designed by Jared Flood.
There is something comforting about his designs. They're easy to read, easy to follow,
totally impressive looking when they're done and so well written.
The new Wool People 5 came out and I think I want to knit every shawl in there.

The shawl I'm knitting now is all lumpy and bumpy but wait till you see it blocked.
Andee has made two of the them and they're amazing when done.

I finally started reading Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.
It's our book club pick for May. So far very cute and magical.

Now onto something NEW!!!!
My mom (the alpaca lady) doesn't knit. She's a spinner but because of
her arthritis, she has trouble with knitting and crocheting. She really
wanted to start making things from her hand spun yarn so she got
one of those loom thingys from Michaels and check it out!!!
She's making scarves!

 (made with her handspun yarn)




 
And something ELSE that's new and exciting....
Lizzie is a fiber crazy lady. She loves to spin it, dye it, and now she
made a hackle. It looks like a torture device to me! But it does amazing things to her roving!
She made this device with wood and long nails.
She clamps it to the counter. Then she pulls pieces of solid color roving through it very quickly.
She mixes up the colors causing a subtle blend

 Then with a metal washer, she drags it across, making a long piece of roving.
 She ends up with roving that looks like this. All pretty mixed up colors that she'll then spin into yarn.

Pretty cool!


Joining in once again for the weekly yarn along with Ginny over at Small Things.

Remember, the 31 Day Photo Challenge is still on. Join in any day if you want to! It's been fun.
Just check out the button on the right side of the blog for more info.
Tomorrow's word is Inspiring Person

Happy Knitting!



 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sock yarn! Love the scarves and the roving is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll want to have a Juneberry on your needles at all times. It is such a fun knit to work on. It is real knitting :) You have to think, but not hard. Just enough to not get bored of it. Mom's scarves look amazing! And the roving is just too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! yay for your mom! i feel the same about b.t. and have favorited all the shawls from book 5. i guess i need a juneberry too now, andees recomendation is pretty convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hackle thing is amazing! What cool toys spinners get to use!

    ReplyDelete