Thursday, August 18, 2022

Are you ready for some football?

After a few weeks of practice, Chase and his team had a scrimmage last night. We went over to watch and I was happy to be back on the sidelines knitting and cheering him on. Last night's weather was perfect. Crisp and cool, just right for knitting and football. I'm working on a baby sweater to see in the farm store. I'm knitting the Flax sweater (without the garter panel on the sleeves). This is my go-to sweater pattern for knitting in the coop. I can make variations to it, add color work, a little lace, whatever I feel like doing. For this one, I'm knitting it using a pretty pink alpaca yarn and I'll go back and embroider a little bear face on the front. (Like this one I made last year.) As soon as I put them out for sale, people buy them. So, baby bear sweaters will be on my needles for a while!


We have one more week with the biggest brother in the house before he heads back to college. It has been so nice to have him home all summer. We're going to miss him so much. He's the best brother. He was busy all day yesterday but made sure to get over to the field for a bit so he could see Chase play. Carried his gear back to the car and drove him home just the two of them. 


I finished reading Flying Solo. I read her previous book, Evvie Drake Starts Over and really liked it.
I liked Flying Solo too. Definitely a quick easy read. Had some cute story lines that I enjoyed.
I've read so many books like this over this summer. It's all my brain could handle. But I'm ready for a meatier book. I say that...but I bet if I start reading a more serious book I'll complain!

 

I'm so happy fall is getting closer. I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. the picture of the boys is so cute, i must get to a game!!!

    ReplyDelete