Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Just keep knitting...


Well, my oldest is settled back at school for his final year. I miss him but my mind is focused on the middle guy as he prepares to head out to UMass for his freshman year. My house is full of "stuff" for him to take. All the dorm room gear, clothes in bins, pillows, bedding, etc, etc...it's everywhere! The day is almost here and my nerves are getting the better of me. It's weird because I'm not nervous for him. I know he'll do fine. He's ready. But that bit of unknown has been keeping me up at night. I find myself up at 3 am, tossing and turning. I'm usually a very good sleeper. So I know this new stage of life is messing with my mom brain! It's going to be so different in the house but we'll still be so busy with my youngest, sports, him starting middle school, my work, my husband's work. I know we won't be bored! Just going to be different. 

So what do I do when I'm super stressed???? KNIT! Knit, knit, knit. I mean, I knit all the time anyway but I REALLY knit when I'm stressed. This sweater has flown on my needles and I'm almost done. I'll be wearing this sweater at Rhinebeck this year. It will be done soon so I thought I would have some time to knit another one before Rhinebeck. 

(photo and knitting by Kate Salomon)

When Kate Salomon from Green Mountain Spinnery posted her finished  Magnolia Cardigan, I knew this was the one. I would have loved to get yarn from Green Mountain (I LOVE THEIR YARN) but I had to be mindful of my budget. So I hopped on Webs and found this pretty wool, cashmere blend that was on close-out. I couldn't decide on a color. So I ended up with this Pine Green yarn. I thought it would be great for Christmas and holiday times. Hopefully I'll have it done in time to wear to Rhinebeck too!




Two more days and I'll be on the road to move our boy into college. How does time go so fast????!
And as soon as we get home I'll be putting my little guy on the bus to middle school. 
And I'll be knitting.....and knitting....and knitting!


2 comments:

  1. ooooh leanne, i ADORE the cardigan and you picked the perfect color!! you are going to be fine, you have such a great relationship with chase, you will have special alone time with him that you have never had before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I have been stuck knitting one stinking sweater for myself for several years as my gauge is off lengthwise. I am a math person so I really have to get back to it and figure out the armholes. I love that purple sweater. I can't wait to see what color yarn you use for the Magnolia Cardigan. We used to pas UMass all the time on our way to Boston College with my two kids. I hope your son has a great year. You will figure out how to live in a quieter home.

    ReplyDelete