Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Summer Daze









 It's been so hot here at the Jersey Shore. I'm not made for hot and humid weather. I'm a fall girl. Jeans and sweaters are more my speed. I do love the beach and pool but not the hot and sticky weather.

I'm making good progress on my Rhinebeck sweater. I love working on it every chance I get.
My girls have been laying lots of eggs lately. I've started packing them up in cartons to give away because how many eggs can one family eat?!

Our little boy Sox is almost 1! I wish I knew his real birthday. We just know he was born in September. So much joy he has brought to us. He's really the best. He has been laying in Jeter's old favorite spots. They must be the cooler spots in the house. It's been 6 months since our dog has passed and we still miss him so much. I still have a hard time vacuuming where his bed used to be. I know someday we will have a new dog in the house but for right now, this silly cat is keeping us smiling.




2 comments:

  1. oooooh those beautiful eggs...i had to beg my resource for eggs, i did not know you had so many!! your sweater is lovely, i really like all the detail in the yolk and of course, the color.

    do you know what i LOVE about the picture of sox laying on the bed, that the window is OPEN!! i can't wait to open my windows!! this heat is a killer and i am starting to dislike summer!! thank goodness for sox, he has been such a great addition to the household!!

    ps...is everyone drinking in the pool??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, drinks in the pool! It was HOT! And my mom was making Pina coladas. Yum.

      Delete