Monday, August 15, 2022

Music and Food!




















As Purple Debbie would say, this could have been three different posts :)

[Music] is the one thing that connects the dots in all kinds of ways. No matter how you were brought up, no matter what your religious background or political beliefs, people still love to sing along with somebody. -Kenny Chesney

The past weekend was full of good food, music and beautiful weather.
I got a text from my sister-in-law Friday night to see I wanted to go to the Kenny Chesney concert with her, my niece and my niece's boyfriend. Unfortunately my brother in law couldn't make it, so I was the substitute! It was SO MUCH FUN! To see a stadium full of people made me so happy. This concert was originally scheduled for 2020. Ticket holders have been waiting a long time for the show. The opening acts were incredible and the concert was 6 hours in total! I was a tired girl at the end! 

I got a few walks in this weekend, taking Little Dude with me for one. I love walking around Spring Lake. The views never get old to me. I also watched the moon rise on Friday night while I waited for my son to finish up work. I wish the pictures came out better, but I only had my phone with me. 

I also made some nice meals this weekend. The jersey tomatoes are in full force around here and they're delicious. My favorite summer lunch is toast, thick slice of tomato, topped with grated cheddar cheese then put under the broiler until it's all melty. YUM! 

Last night I made a nice meal for me and my husband. We didn't have any kids at home so I made this recipe: Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Basil Sauce. It was delicious. I made it with mashed potatoes. (I washed the potatoes, Debbie!)





 

1 comment:

  1. yes, my dear friend...this is several posts in one!! i have not been to a concert in many years, but it sure looks like you had fun!!

    liz just told me about that sandwich, i am going to try it!! i have soooooo many tomatoes and it is just the 2 of us. i have tried to give them away, but everyone has them!!

    i LOVE spring lake too, we were just there the other day!!!

    ReplyDelete